Saturday, May 28, 2011

Many Ways To Serve

Memorial Day USO Performances

Country music stars have always been avid supporters of the USO, and can often be found providing entertainment for our troops overseas when they are not back here entertaining us.

In honor of Memorial Day Weekend, here are some recent USO Tour perfomances by Inky Jukebox favorites filmed by soldiers.

"Performing for our men and women in uniform means more to me than I can put into words. Music is a powerful tool, it can transport you to another time and place, and connect you with loved ones. And that’s what this tour is all about - lifting spirits and delivering a touch of home." - Zac Brown

The Zac Brown Band open things up with the Star Spangled Banner in Iraq.


"I’ve been traveling with the USO since 2002, and every year I look forward to spending time with the men and women who serve this great country. When I get on stage and look out into a crowd of uniforms, it gives me a great sense of pride to know that I am giving back to them." - Toby Keith

The world’s best bar band, Montgomery Gentry, sings along with the crowd to “My Town” in Okinawa, Japan.



Kellie Pickler has some fun with a soldier in Iraq with "Red High Heels."


"The USO tours I’ve been part of have definitely been the highlight of my career and my life. It has been the most impactful, life-changing thing I’ve been able to do." - Kellie Pickler

Kid Rock brings some “Sweet Home Alabama” to Iraq.


"Performing for our men and women in uniform means more to me than I can put into words. Music is a powerful tool, it can transport you to another time and place, and connect you with loved ones. And that’s what this tour is all about - lifting spirits and delivering a touch of home." - Zac Brown

Trace Adkins delivers “Arlington” to Soldiers in Mosul, Iraq


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, y'all